Tuesday, September 06, 2005

New Bed and Avocado Trees

We got a new bed - yay!
We already have a bed in storage but that's in Lower Hutt and we needed a new bed anyway because the springs were beginning to do funny things to me. After much trouble we no longer have to sleep on the floor (and I don't have to be careful about shattering my tailbone when I plonk myself down). Ahhh, a wonderful slab of heaven I reckon. And we got free pillows, and free delivery. And to think that other companies lost out on our business because they were too cheap to add in that little touch of sweetness for the customer (what's a couple of cheap pillows anyway, and delivery should be free I say). Let that be a lesson to you! Praise the delivery men for hiking the bits down the steps to the house and then up the stairs into our room. Oh by the way, we haven't bought a house yet. We're currently staying at yet another "temporary" location until we do find something we're willing to give our freedom to - bye bye luxuries then eh... *sob*.
But I do hope this arrangement doesn't drag on too long because I miss having everything I need with me - that and my avocado tree needs a home! I grew it from seed in a shot glass, and 7 months later it's almost fruiting - BHAHAHAaA - excuse me while I get back on my chair. Just needs a little nurturing and a graft from another tree, that's all.
It does grow fast anyway - the first picture was taken on 22 July, the second 15 August and the third on 3 September. I have another sprouting in a shot glass and that'll need re-potting and planting soon too.
Ooh, Shorty Street is on so better go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home